Tubes are plastic translucent to specific sunlight tubes that act as
mini-greenhouses that protect and nurture growth of small seedlings
until the tree is big enough to survive on its own.
Grow Tubes are
aides, especially in locations where there is less opportunity for
care, such as forest or wildlife plantings, or where there is predation
by deer, mice and other critters. Remove the tree stake as it is not
necessary when using grow tubes.
Grow tubes help with weed control (by protecting the tree from spray and drift
from herbicide) and offer cold protection in late season frosts.
dramatically increase growth rates, and one-year seedling often grow out of the
top of a 4’ tube in 1 season! The Grow tube stays on until the tree
outgrows the tube, usually after 4-5 years.
DO NOT USE BLACK PLASTIC
DRAIN PIPE OR DRAIN PIPE AS PROTECTION – THEY WILL NOT WORK AND WILL DAMAGE THE YOUNG TREE!
We recommend Grow Tubes in all wildlife
- Tube diameter = 3.9 in O.D.
- Tube construction = Rigid, twin-walled structure – ensures efficient sunlight diffusion and rugged structural integrity
- Sun light package – Proprietary pigment for optimal plant growth in the widest range of sun conditions
- Venting – Perforated vented sections standard
- Perf-line designed to burst as tree reaches the maximum diameter of the tube
- Attachment = Double Wire Twist Ties
- Bird exclusion mesh = included as standard on 4ft and 5ft tree tubes
- Material = Environmentally sensitive polyethylene blend
- U.V. field life = 7 years or more under average conditions
Grow Tube Install tip:
Please remove the tree stake as it is not necessary when using grow tubes.
If your seedlings or larger sized trees have side (lateral) branches please remove them carefully using a sharp pruning shearers before installing the grow tube. Do NOT bend side branches upward to squeeze or otherwise force them into the grow tube. Doing so will encourage narrow branch crotch angles that can cause weak branching and other problems as the tree matures. Do not remove the central leader of the tree.
Grow Tubes should be left on the seedling trees as long as they could be
harmed by rodents, rabbits or deer, or when the tree diameter fills the
Price is per tube.
Make sure to order Bamboo Stakes to attach the grow tube to.
Price does not include Shipping and Handling.
Ground Shipping Rates:
up to $100.00 = $22.50
$100.00+ = 22.5%